Surrogacy has been helping families grow for centuries now. Through traditional surrogacy, the baby is conceived with the surrogate’s egg and the sperm of the intended parent or donor.
So what is gestational surrogacy? With gestational surrogacy, the surrogate has no genetic relationship with the baby they deliver. An embryo created by the Intended Parent(s) through in vitro fertilization is transferred to a gestational carrier.
If you plan on starting your family through gestational surrogacy, working with an agency makes the surrogacy process more manageable. A professional agency like Hawaii Surrogacy Center provides the following support:
- Education and Consultation: When Intended Parents contact our agency, we explain the entire surrogacy process in great detail. This includes information about insurance, legal processes, and how much one should expect to financially invest. There are so many parties involved in surrogacy. We know you will have questions throughout the process, and we’re here to help!
- Comprehensive Surrogate Screening and Matching: All gestational carriers in our program have already completed background checks, a medical records review, lifestyle screening, a credit check and complete psychological evaluation. We only send profiles of gestational carriers that have completed our comprehensive screening process and match your preferences well. We will facilitate a meet-up so you can get to know your prospective surrogate better. If everyone is comfortable, we consider you an official match.
- Referrals to the Best Clinics: If you don’t already have a fertility clinic, we’ll help you find a reputable clinic based on your location and needs. Hawaii Surrogacy Center has a close working relationship with every clinic in the State of Hawaii, as well as several premiere fertility clinics on the mainland.
- Legal Support: Your Gestational Carrier Agreement is the contract that you enter with your surrogate. This contact clearly outlines expectations of each party in the process and all financial obligations. As an agency, we arrange for separate, independent attorneys to work with you and your gestational carrier. These attorneys are experts in the specialized area of family and reproductive law.
- Independent Escrow: The perks of working with an agency is our connection to independent escrow agencies. It is essential that your financial investment in the surrogacy process is carefully protected. We work closely with a licensed, bonded and insured professional escrow agency that specializes in surrogacy. We have dedicated account managers that provide transparent and accurate accounting, ensure compliance with contract terms, and guarantee that your gestational carrier receives her compensation on time.
- Presence throughout the Pregnancy: We are with you every step of the way, including transfer day and ultrasounds after pregnancy confirmation! We make sure that agency representatives are present during appointments. This is especially key for our international Intended Parents who count on us to send them updates, pictures and videos.
- Parental Rights and Birth: As an agency, we’ll help you create a birth plan that supports everyone’s needs. One of our representatives will be with you during and after the birth to make sure everything goes smoothly. We also help with the paperwork to ensure you go home with your baby and that parental rights are properly established post-birth.
Starting a family through gestational surrogacy is a journey. Hawaii Surrogacy Center wants to be there for you, every step of the way. For more information about Intended Parent support, head over to our website at: https://www.hawaiisurrogacy.com/intended-parents/